Weight Loss Hack #7 Dreading your workouts?
Do you find yourself dreading your sessions? Chances are you are doing something you’re not enjoying.
Exercising doesn’t have to be a chore. The key to enjoying your workouts is finding a training method that’s fun.
If you do this then you will probably look forward to your sessions, you’ll get results and be more committed to long term training.
There isn’t one method better than another, but there are some you enjoy doing more than others.
Here are some different ways to exercise, cross off ones that you really don’t enjoy and highlight the ones that look interesting 🤔
- Cardio, Jog, cycle , Rowing, walking, Hiking
- Cross fit or function training
- Strong man
- Body weight, Bars , rings , rigs, etc
- Sport specific, football, rugby, MMA etc
- Health reasons
- Weight loss
- Weight gain
- Fitness Classes
- Personal Training
- Playing a sport or activity
- Low impact
- Olympic lifts
Also on the flip side , you may have been doing the same old workout for years and need a change .
Think about changing your training routine to incorporate things you enjoy, I guarantee that you will look forward to your sessions and be less likely to miss them.
My training revolves around what I liked to do for enjoyment then secondly, how I want to look and feel.
I enjoy MMA and sparring. So most of my training is structured around keeping fit and capable at my sport that I enjoy.
It may seem like a lot , but my program includes all those elements that support that my plan ....
- Wresting & Sparing for enjoyment
- Strength - compound lifts
- Functions lifts - to keep me explosive
- Some bodybuilding to look good
- 5km runs to stay fit and weight maintenance
- Sprints & HIIT for fat loss and fitness
- Long cycles to get some fresh air and see the countryside
- Sauna to relax and recover
That’s why I look forward to my sessions , as it’s designed for my needs and what I like doing.